Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baseball Superfans

So, Melaleuca's CEO owns the Minor League field in Idaho Falls, and last night was Melaleuca Night! All of us employees got into the bleacher sections for free! Awesome.

Well, Zach loves baseball, and I love cheering at sporting events (even if I have to be told when to cheer). So I surprised him and made these shirts for us to wear:

I used Zach's T-shirt we had gotten for his softball team at work (which he only needed for a game or two) and I found MY shirt at the Dollar Store. Yes, that's right kids. I'm wearing a child's Large. It probably won't fit when I wash it, but that's okay.

And because the local screen printing shop will do good quality iron-ons for only $4.50 (and I don't have a printer), I spent most of the morning designing our tees..... only to find out when I went to the store that they had closed early for the night. Unacceptable. So I went to Wal-Mart and bought these iron-on letters. I actually like them quite a bit.

Zach admitted that at first the concept of matching fan t-shirts was pretty embarrassing... but he got into it once we were at the game. Somebody teasingly asked me the score, then told him to play ball. We had a blast. And, with superfans like us, of course our team won!!!! Go Chukars. Even if you are just minor league. =]


Posted by Picasa

The only not-stellar thing about the night was the concession stand. They were doing $1 hot dogs and drinks that night, so the lines were at least 3 innings long! We never got ours, even though I ran down to check the lines twice. We settled for a snow cone, cause there was no line there. =]


4 comments:

Belle said...

That sounds like SOOOO much fun Stace! :D You're amazing! You and Zach are super cute - isn't it great being with your best friend!? :D Love ya tons!

Samantha Tingey said...

Stace! I miss you so much! I miss making t-shirts, because nobody understands or appreciates good t-shirt making here in Germany. I cannot wait to see you and Zach (but mostly you...sorry Zach)! I love you so much! Keep having a great time, and I'll see you sometime in the next year!

Becca said...

Stace- you rock!! Seriously awesome.

Kristen said...

Cute, cute, cute shirts!!! You are so crafty! And you are so cute, " the lines were 3 innings long"!! You crack me up!