Saturday, October 30, 2010

Must be Halloween

I went to make berry syrup for my pancakes, and got this:

Looks like a scene from an evil scientist's kitchen, eh?


I lit a candle to make the house smell a little better (our warmer's lamp burned out) and got this:
Pretty oozy, huh?

I cleaned out the fridge. I'll spare you the picture, but it was perhaps the scariest thing I'll see this Halloween. Spooky.

Also, I just realized I've been calling today Halloween, because tomorrow is Sunday. Silly me.

Tomorrow, for real Halloween, Zach and I are carving pumpkin pies.

That's right. You heard me. Carving PIES.

I'm so excited.

P.S. For anyone interested, the recipe that caused my Halloween Microwave Horror:

Best Ever FlapJacks
Mix the following ingredients:
2 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
1 1/4 c. flour (I used white wheat flour, YUM)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 TB sugar
1-2 TB oil

Cook on a hot griddle. I like to add a little butter to the skillet/griddle when I cook them instead of buttering the pancakes later. I usually eat them with that berry syrup (frozen berries + sugar to taste + microwaved until hot) and top them with whipped cream. DELISH.

2 comments:

Belle said...

Uber fun, Stace! :D Now I want to carve me some pumpkin pies too!!!

Becca said...

carving PIES?! Genius, I tell you!